Find here Today’s Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 4 August 2022.
Current Affairs Today Headlines 4 August 2022
- Government withdraws Data Protection Bill to come with comprehensive legislation.
- 31-year-old woman tests positive for monkeypox in Delhi, India’s tally rises to 9.
- Babul Supriyo, 8 others take oath as ministers after cabinet reshuffle by Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal Government.
- Promising freebies during elections is ‘serious economic issue’, says Supreme Court of India.
- The Central Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2022 passed by Lok Sabha.
- Dr. Ranjit Rath took over as the new Chairman and MD of Oil India Limited (OIL) on August 2nd.
- Sri Lankan President Wickremesinghe thanks PM Modi for India’s support to his country.
- PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of various projects of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission in Valsad, Gujarat on August 4th through video conferencing.
- PM Modi to lay the foundation stone of the Shrimad Rajchandra Centre of Excellence for Women and Shrimad Rajchandra Animal Hospital.
- RIL jumps 51 places to 104th position in Fortune Global 500 ranking 2022.
- Indian Navy gets record 955,000 registrations for Agnipath scheme.
- A private school in Kolkata to launch its own nano-satellite.
- India beat Canada 8-0 in a Pool B match of Men’s hockey.
- Indian women’s hockey team reaches semifinal after 3-2 win over Canada.
- BCCI announces schedule for upcoming Australia and South Africa’s tour of India.
- Squash player Saurav Ghosal wins a bronze medal in the men’s singles category.
- 27 Chinese warplanes enter Taiwan’s air defence zone, China says military drills around Taiwan Strait are’ necessary and just’.
- Iraqi Shiite leader Sadr demands parliament’s dissolution.
- OPEC+ group of major oil exporters agrees on small increase in production.
- The first shipment of grain from Ukraine since Russia’s invasion five months ago sailed through Istanbul on August 3, 2022 under a landmark deal designed to help alleviate a global food crisis sparked by the war.
- Kansas voted on August 2nd to reject the effort to remove abortion protections from the state’s constitution.
Environment & Ecology News
- India adds 10 more wetlands designated as Ramsar sites to make total 64 sites.
- A volcano erupted in Iceland near the capital Reykjavik on August 3, 2022.
- The Dutch government declared a national water shortage on August 3, 2022 caused by the hot, dry summer that is parching much of Europe.
- A rare white elephant has been born in western Myanmar.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप
रोमांचक गेम्स खेलें और जीतें एक लाख रुपए तक कैश